Yup. Hubby and I went fishing again. When we got to the fishing spot I like best, there was already some people there. That's okay, it's big enough for a few people to fish at the same time if they're careful. We asked how they were doing and they said they'd caught a few bass. (Ew, haha.) They were using minnows. We moved about halfway down the small pier and started fishing. We were using red worms. I prefer them over night crawlers or minnows. Sometimes the fish will take crawlers, but those are better for catfish.
Minnows are best for crappie or perch, neither of which have we seen there for years, if ever.
And we soon began catching some nice pan fish. Mostly bluegill and green sunfish, but I caught one hybrid that was the size of both my hands together, haha. Hubby had to unhook that one for me and he could barely get his hand around it. Nice fish. We released all the females we caught.
I felt bad the guy and his daughters weren't catching any. We caught bass too and so did they, but we all threw the bass back. We shared our worms with them when it was obvious the panfish wanted worms, but they didn't catch any. Don't know why.
Our catch
Another shot.
Nice fish!
One of the *smaller* ones.
All in all, a good morning fishing.
Hope you're all having a good Sunday, too.
Two weeks until Louisiana.

Hi Linda,
ReplyDeleteThose are some nice size fish! I wish I had thawed out fish for supper now.
It is funny how you can fish right beside some one and they catch a whole bunch of fish and you won't hardly get a bite.
Have a great day.
Pam
Hi Pam,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. It has happened to us many times. We did try to help them, though.
And let me say, the fish was very good! I froze what I didn't cook to fix another day.
I hope you are doing okay down there, Pam. Seems to be some weather headed your way.
Have a great week!
Linda
We too had fish for supper! Looks like you had a really good days catch! Ours were catfish from our own pond.
ReplyDeleteWe had a really good day, yes. :)
ReplyDeleteWe may try to build a pond on the property in Louisiana, but I don't know. Kind of expensive; though the surrounding water level would probably be high enough.
I bet your catfish tasted great! :)
Looks like you had a good time! Nice catch! I like the fishing part, but I don't really like to catch any fish.
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time, yes. I have my dad to thank for both my love of fishing, and fish! He used to take me fishing when I was little and he got laid off from work. We sometimes had fish a couple times a day.
ReplyDeleteIt just stayed with me. But I mostly prefer the same fish we caught then. :)
What FUN!
ReplyDeleteI used to love to go fishing. Haven't done it in years. I guess I just don't enjoy it as much by myself. There's nothing like fresh caught Bluegill!
Thanks for your comments on my chicken blog! Did you know that I also have a sheep blog? It's about my Shetland sheep. Something you might want to look into when you move to your retirement property! ;-) The sheep blog is at:
http://shepherdsvoice.blogspot.com
I hope you stop by. Say "Hi", if you do!
I don't think we'd ever thought of sheep. Shetland sheep would probably work well though, since I'm wanting dwarf fruit trees.
ReplyDeleteThat's assuming Shetland sheep are small sheep, haha, I am clueless! I will check out your other blog though. :)
Have a good weekend!