As it's almost Friday again! The second Friday in October. Woo! Cooler weather. Got to like that. Makes it easier to get out and do stuff.
So we're getting ready for our second working vacation this year. We'll be leaving in just about 3 weeks. One of my brothers might join us for a week. That will be wonderful. He's got a lot of experience with construction so I'm hoping to get the kitchen painted and the floor laid while he's there. I'm also hoping this set of steps can be replaced.
Yes, that's a couple of boards on the steps. You have to really be careful. Hubby remembers a porch being there when he grew up. A small porch with steps. Maybe with brother's help, we can get that done, too, while he is there.Would be nice. I mostly use the front steps when I go into the house. Or I walk very slowly if I use these steps.
We're thinking of replacing the pump house, too. Hubby was going to build one, but then he got to thinking maybe we'd buy a small shed or something and just set it up over the pump and tank. One thing I know, we want to be sure to wrap the pipes before we leave this time. And I think we might shut the pump off, too, since there's no one to shut the water off if we have freezing weather again. We'll just have to hope it holds its prime, now that it's a new pump and doesn't have any leaks. Well, no leaks that we've noticed, anyway.
That's about all I can think of. Have a great end of the week, all! :)

Have you kicked that cold yet?
ReplyDeleteAlmost, Doc. I can tell I'm getting better, but still blowing my nose a bit.
ReplyDeleteShould be gone by the weekend, I hope. :)
Is Louie coming down for a visit?
ReplyDelete*knock on wood*
ReplyDeleteHopefully, Wayne. He's going to try and make it. Will be nice to have company if he can. :)
I love picture of your (my dream) house even if it is of the crusty old steps. Just think of all the people who have walked up and down those steps. Oh the story those steps could tell, eh?
ReplyDeleteI don't know about this weather! We may have another cold winter,we are already unseasonably cold here. We woke up to 40* here this morning!
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your next working vacation. Something about that statement doesn't sound quite right!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the cooler weather. We've gotten down into the 40's already. We broke down and turned the heat on for a short bit! But, then, it is October!
CCC, there have been a lot of people, but they aren't that old, well, relative to the age of the house, anyway; about 20 years old maybe? In '94 or '95, my hubby tripped when that bottom corner broke off and broke his wrist. I didn't know until he got home. It was shortly after we moved from Louisiana to here in NC. But I'm sure they could tell other stories, too. Like who walked out with the claw foot tub, and what happened to the metal cabinets...
ReplyDeleteMelodie, it is looking like an unusual fall, isn't it? I'm curious to see how the rest of the year finishes out. :)
Toni, haha. There will be a little time for enjoying the vacation, too. Just being there is always nice. And yes, we will enjoy the cooler weather. Makes yard work especially more enjoyable. :)
Hope you have a good time on your vacation; even if you are working. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Becky. We always enjoy being there. :)
ReplyDeleteBe very careful on those steps! I fell off some steps like that that weren't spaced properly. Have fun fixing things the way you want. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWe are very careful, Callie. And I don't use them unless I have to because I have a tendency to trip.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)