Retired, housewife, mother of three.
Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us.
Praise God for His mercy and love!
What a ton of work :o/ Hope you are keeping the old windows. I have seen many folks remove them and install modern out of character windows that destoyed the look of the home. By the by....welcome back!
Janet, it was (and is) indeed a lot of work. We're enjoying it so far.
Doc, I'm not sure what is going to happen to the windows. I would definitely like to keep them, even if I can't (read, am mechanically deficient) get all the old weights and pullys fixed or replaced. Several of them need new glass. Since they don't make the beveled glass any more, it would have to be the flat glass. But I know what you mean. My main concern is how the house would look with new style windows. And thank you! :)
Well ,that looks like hard work ahead ! having said that -it will be well worth the effort ! good luck !
ReplyDeleteWhat a ton of work :o/ Hope you are keeping the old windows. I have seen many folks remove them and install modern out of character windows that destoyed the look of the home. By the by....welcome back!
ReplyDeleteJanet, it was (and is) indeed a lot of work. We're enjoying it so far.
ReplyDeleteDoc, I'm not sure what is going to happen to the windows. I would definitely like to keep them, even if I can't (read, am mechanically deficient) get all the old weights and pullys fixed or replaced.
Several of them need new glass. Since they don't make the beveled glass any more, it would have to be the flat glass.
But I know what you mean. My main concern is how the house would look with new style windows.
And thank you! :)
That place is going to be beautiful when you all are done with it!
ReplyDeleteMelodie, thank you. Yes it will. :)
ReplyDeleteyou'll be knackered!
ReplyDeleteHaha. John, we will indeed! But it's good work. Just wish it would stay done between trips!
ReplyDeleteAnd again, feel better soon!
It might be more beautiful later but gosh I love it now.
ReplyDeleteCCC, we do too. :)
ReplyDeleteNicole, it was a LOT of mowing and clearing, let me tell you. haha.
ReplyDelete*hugs* ♥