About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another night of hard freeze ahead.

Supposed to be 19 tonight. And a high of 75 on Saturday. What the heck is up with that?
I think I've mentioned the 'cow bowl' before. If I remember right, it holds roughly 800 gallons of water. Hubby has always used it to put extra fishing minnows in.
And there has been a frog living in it.


However after two days below freezing, this is what the cow bowl looks like now.


The only clear water is where the faucet is running to keep the pipe from freezing. We use a 60 watt bulb to keep the pump from freezing in the pump house. So we will be stocking up on those bulbs before the stupid government phases them out this year.

I almost forgot. In spite of all this cold?



Hope you are all warm and safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers. ♥

6 comments:

  1. We got about 4" of snow, on top of a sheet of ice, here. Luckily, the whoa-man was off at the most opportune time. We sat our happy butts inside and watched the live reports on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and in the snow is flowers! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love the snow, now I just like to read about other people having snow while I sit in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, isn't it? The flowers around here should start next month. I had a whopping 15 degrees Tuesday night, but it warmed up to 23 last night. Hope you have a good warm weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your frog is ok, ours seem to survive the ice in the garden pond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you...a spring bloom! I won't see one of those clear until May!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥