I know what you're thinking. Isn't rain good for all those pecan trees? Well, yes it is. And no, it isn't. The summer rain is especially good. But from what I have read, this years rain goes to next year's pecans. If it comes in October or November, then it is bad, because the pecans can get a fungus that ruins the crop.
But it also means last years rain...
I don't really understand; but here's hoping, God willing.
I thought the neighbors had planted beans, but hubby is pretty sure they planted cotton.
Just a few more pictures.
Going out of town this weekend for our once a month trip to the V.Watts Flea Market. Supposed to rain, but we are down to 50% from 80%, so that sounds like a "go" to me. :-)
You all be safe and God bless.







Those are some great tree pictures Linda. From what little I have gleaned here, pecans require a great deal of water.
ReplyDeleteThank you, TB. I do love our trees. :) And they do get a lot of water. Perhaps too much, I don't know. There is a bayou across the street from us, and I know in the back yard when we were trying to plant some trees, about 4 to 5 feet down we hit water. So will just leave it to God and see what happens. :)
DeleteThe trees are really magnificent and beautiful. I hope it's a good year for your pecans. On the flip side, it wasn't a good year for us and berries because of all the rain, and not enough hot sun.
ReplyDeleteHave a fun weekend - I'll look forward to seeing your treasures!
We'll see how the treasures go. A lot of the time we are just there to walk and look.
DeleteBut I do know we will be buying some local farm eggs and fig jam if nothing else. :) You all have a blessed weekend, Kim!
Beautiful trees, Linda. Have a safe trip...
ReplyDeleteThank you, Adrienne. God bless. :)
DeleteI hope that you do not come home with fleas...from the market.
ReplyDeleteAs to the yard, that's a very impressive amount of mowing that needs attention, and the trees are magnificent.
Hahahahaha! I hope that, too!
DeleteThe yard definitely needs attention. Glad we got a little work done, at least, because we had standing water again today!
Thank you, LL. I do enjoy them all. Hope all is well with you. God bless.