Retired, housewife, mother of three.
Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us.
Praise God for His mercy and love!
Haha. You are not the first friend who told me to tell him that. :-)
I don't know what's proper any more. They decided today that 2mg of morphine every 4 hours and 1 Norco 5 every 6 hours is too much so they are going to cut back, whatever that means.
They think the pain meds are responsible for his brain fog. I tried to disagree, but they said. The pain meds.
Linda, I am so sorry. This must be so hard for you, and for your husband. I don't anything your husband being sick. I will remember you in my prayers. Love, Henny
Well - duh! Of course morphine causes brain fog, but your hubby needs to decide what level of pain is acceptable and ignore the fog. Constant pain will cause fog too. In my opinion hydrocodone is useless for many people (myself included.)
2 mgs of morphine is fairly low: Morphine sulphate oral solution 10mg/5mL 5 to 10mg every 4 hours when required If oral route not possible: give 2.5 to 5mg of morphine sulphate injection intramuscularly (IM) every 4 hours or 2.5mg IV hourly when required. .
I told the doctor that. Too much pain was making his brain foggy. He told me no, pain makes you think more clearly. I think he was wrong.
And hubby has decided. He wants to die. Brother said he is delirious from electrolyte and nutritional imbalances from not having an appetite at home and not eating in the hospital. He was eating at home. Just not a lot or enough.
Please keep advocating for your husband's pain management to be handled in a better manner. Pain does not make you think clearer. Doc's are not always right. Question everything! Prayers for you and yours.
Oh Linda, I know this all too well. My father said many of the same things in the last year before he had his stroke. Prayers Up.
ReplyDeleteThank you, TB. ❤️
DeleteI'm so sorry that he's that ill and in that much pain. Yes, prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you, LL. ❤️
DeleteTell him I said NO! In the meantime, is the hospital doing proper pain control? I will pray for his spirit to be healed.
ReplyDeleteHaha. You are not the first friend who told me to tell him that. :-)
DeleteI don't know what's proper any more. They decided today that 2mg of morphine every 4 hours and 1 Norco 5 every 6 hours is too much so they are going to cut back, whatever that means.
They think the pain meds are responsible for his brain fog. I tried to disagree, but they said. The pain meds.
Thank you, Adrienne. ❤️
Linda, I am so sorry. This must be so hard for you, and for your husband. I don't anything your husband being sick. I will remember you in my prayers. Love, Henny
ReplyDeleteThank you, Henny. ❤️
DeleteWell - duh! Of course morphine causes brain fog, but your hubby needs to decide what level of pain is acceptable and ignore the fog. Constant pain will cause fog too. In my opinion hydrocodone is useless for many people (myself included.)
ReplyDelete2 mgs of morphine is fairly low:
Morphine sulphate oral solution 10mg/5mL 5 to 10mg every 4 hours when required If oral route not possible: give 2.5 to 5mg of morphine sulphate injection intramuscularly (IM) every 4 hours or 2.5mg IV hourly when required.
.
I told the doctor that. Too much pain was making his brain foggy. He told me no, pain makes you think more clearly. I think he was wrong.
DeleteAnd hubby has decided. He wants to die. Brother said he is delirious from electrolyte and nutritional imbalances from not having an appetite at home and not eating in the hospital.
He was eating at home. Just not a lot or enough.
Prayers up, sister.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarge. ❤️
DeletePlease keep advocating for your husband's pain management to be handled in a better manner. Pain does not make you think clearer. Doc's are not always right. Question everything! Prayers for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Brig. I hope to redouble my efforts tomorrow. God bless. ❤️
DeleteWhen I feel like it's all gone sideways, I play this... https://youtu.be/lwgr_IMeEgA
DeleteI just saw this today. Thank you, Brig. Be safe and God bless.
DeleteHe will not die, but live, and proclaim the Word of the Lord.
ReplyDeletePsalm 118:17
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sandi.
Delete