About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April!

So my husband had a semi-annual checkup with his diabetes specialist. He has Type-2 and is doing so well that he only goes to the specialist twice a year now. I don't remember all the numbers - I fail at memory things sometimes - but his cholesterol, blood pressure and A1C were all excellent! The doctor was quite happy. So yay!

This Saturday we're going to Raleigh. They have a big Farmer's Market ( 7 days a week, actually, but 3 hours one way is too far to drive every day) and a big flea market at their fair grounds that we like to go to. And after that, we're going to Whole Foods. A little pricey, but so worth it for all they have there. And lots of organic stuff too.

But afterwards, we're probably going to drive to Fayetteville to get some Popeye's chicken, because he loves it and a 3 hour drive is as close as we can go to get it. Not 3 hours from Raleigh though, only about 40 minutes or so. So yeah, full day Saturday.

The pear trees we got to take to the farm in May seem to be doing well in their buckets. Hopefully they will transfer well. I think they will. The catalpa trees certainly did. Want to get an apple tree next. He prefers Delicious, so will probably be that. Been thinking about a Walnut tree, too. I like fresh walnuts. Not sure if there is a market for them there, though. Or if they will grow there, though I expect it would. The big market there, of course, is pecans though. We'll need to plant a few more, as the last few hurricanes have not been kind to the pecan trees there.

May 15th is getting closer. Looking forward to that. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is great your husband's check-up went so well.
    The trip sounds like fun. I always like to look around Farmer's Markets but we don't have any close here either.

    We have 1 catalpa tree near the pond that is growing well. We need to plant a couple more.
    I always wanted to try a walnut tree here too.

    Have a Happy Easter Weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥