About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Monday, April 25, 2011

It was a very nice Easter

Easter Sunday started out foggy, but the sun soon cleared that away.
We went fishing. Got to watch gar mating. ;)
And some ducks, too. Didn't get pictures, sorry. Was just enjoying the beautiful day. Just enough wind to keep the humidity from being too warm.
Hooked an Alligator snapping turtle. Fortunately it was small enough that I was able to flip it back a bit and get my hook back.
Caught lots of small panfish. Mostly pumpkin seed. We threw them back along with any females that still needed to spawn.
But we did catch a few keepers and a really nice channel catfish. :)

We had a very nice Easter dinner with the fish and we have enough left over for another meal today or tomorrow.

And now we're getting ready for our next trip to the farm.
Hope you all have a Blessed week!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable Easter!! I hope your week goes well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice catch! Good to have a place to get away to, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. Nice looking fish. Glad you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice catch, I would say you had very nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, Thank you! :)

    John, it is very nice to be able to have some away time. :)

    Becky, thank you! :)

    Doc, we did indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice Easter! I have never seen mating gar..have seen lots of snapping turtles,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melodie, they swirl around and splash on the top of the water. A lot. ;)
    Hope you're having a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like ya'll had the perfect day! I hope you have a beautiful week too!

    God bless and enjoy sweetie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nezzy, we did indeed. And thank you. ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really cool way to have Easter dinner. Glad the hunt for your own food was successful. My family raises cattle so we have a gorgeous roast!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal, it was a nice dinner. I love to eat fish. I have my dad to thank for that. And for taking me fishing a lot when I was growing up.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥