About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

What we found today

While clearing a tree from the 'pig pen'.
There's tons of junk out in that area. We've taken several thousand pounds to the recycle.
But these are unusual keepers.





Cast iron sash weights.

Two 8 pound and one 6 pound weight.

Not sure why the pictures are upside down. I flipped them, but they're still upside down. Curious, isn't it?

Have a blessed week! ♥

9 comments:

  1. I don't know what those are, but they look substantial! It is awesome to find buried treasures!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menagerie Manor was built in 1916 and still has all its original sash windows. Every time one raises them the weights rattle inside the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen sash weights before. The picture is upside down because of the magnetic energy in each weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lost...are they are for the windows?

    What ever they are they make a find treasure and add to your history you will save and share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our first house, built in 1916, all our windows had them. They helped to raise the heavy wood windows, and kept them open.
    Do a google search and you can see them in working windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting indeed and definitely keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to find hidden treasures! Watch out for snakes!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting Linda! I wouldn't have known what they are. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love finding old stuff like that. I've missed reading all the blogs. Hope y'all are well. This has been the coolest spring we have had in a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥