About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Friday, May 17, 2013

We picked our first bell pepper today.

and we already ate it. :-)


And while picking beans, I found this.





Aren't they cute?

Some of the beans (they're Blue Lake Bush beans) had a light purple color on them. Not sure if the camera shows it very well.



And when I went out to get the laundry, I took some pictures of the garden with my phone. Sorry if they won't expand.





That's the garden behind the garage. I showed you the same area earlier. Bush beans (and one bush bean that wants to be a pole bean - that's why the fence post in the front), bell peppers (the shorter ones have recovered from our late frost), tomatoes, cucumbers (where the plastic fence is), more broccoli and brussels sprouts, watermelon, and sunflowers.

There are also 4 new fruit trees out there.

We also have tomatoes in buckets, and a tire tower with potatoes. They look ragged because we just added more compost to them.





Oh. Can't forget the onions. Yes, I know I planted them too close together.



I did forget to take pictures of the grapes, but I'll get them some other time. ;-)

So far the fix to the sewer line seems to be working. And the people farming the field behind us were out with tractors doing their planting, so no problems there, either.

Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a big garden. I picked up some Blue Lake Bush beans this time and have 4 seedlings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year ago did you ever think you would have this full of a garden??

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I still have to get the rest of ours planted but the weather has been so funny. Glad the septic is working out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your homestead is really starting to look awesome. Great work on the garden. Are you canning yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, no. :-(
      I need to get a canner and learn how to use it!
      I'd like to get a dehydrator, too, but so far hubby says no.
      Have a good week, K!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Are you so happy?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥