Like a lot of you, we have hummingbirds. Unlike a lot of you, I don't hang feeders because I know I might not keep them filled or properly cleaned. Better they eat somewhere else.
That said, they love morning glories! We have a lot of wild morning glories around here. Every fence line, many oak and pecan trees, the out buildings and by the house and garage.
Like this.
And this.
The last couple of days I've been watching them out the back door. In spite of all the flowers, they don't like to share. Not with each other, or with the bees. Bees like this love the morning glories, too.
There is one little female that I think has made the yard part of her territory. (Obviously I don't know this for sure); because the last couple days, I've watched her feed by the garage. She feeds some. Then sits on one of the bare grape vine branches for a bit, then feeds some more. I think she goes to all the flowers at least twice. Probably more.
Here she is feeding.
And here she is in her favorite resting spot.
I finally got a picture of one of our hummingbirds. :-)
Hope you all have a wonderful, safe, blessed weekend. ♥




We get hummingbirds too. But just one. He/she chases away any others that come around.
ReplyDeleteMine have all flown to you. I had one at noon today. They are moving south. Sigh!
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Those wild morning glories are so pretty! I think our hummingbirds have left too. I put fresh sugar water in the feeder Friday but have not seen any more hummingbirds. I love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteMe again! I love the spider lily!! That was one of my mother's favorite flowers.
ReplyDelete