My brother surprised me last week with an email. He is downsizing in expectation of retiring in a year or so, and emailed me to ask if I would like our Granny's Norge Cookbook!
She was a nurse at the Norge factory when it was there, and my Mom thinks that is when she acquired it.
I got the cookbook today. I think it weighs about five pounds!
Here are a few pictures, courtesy of my brother.
What a wonderful gift. A great cookbook for a house built in the late 1800's!
Thank you, Wayne!







That is cool! (from a 23 year career chef)
ReplyDeleteoh wow, it's huge! Looks like an old dictionary...it's beautiful and I am sure it is full of all kinds of lost cooking information. What a sweet thing to do. I know you will cherish it.
ReplyDeleteWe found that the old cookbooks help when you are processing your own meats. When we were working with our hams, instructions today assume they are already cured, our old cookbooks gave us the info we needed.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteEspecially the recipes for reindeer, brains and stomach. :-)
Wow that is so cool Linda!! Great gift!
ReplyDeleteOh, that is such a nice gift. How nice of your brother to think of you. The book looks like it is really good shape.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great gift! I read cookbooks too so I know how much you will enjoy this one!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool cookbooks! I love to read cookbooks!
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com