About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

One creature I don't understand a need for


See the brown in the pecan tree? Webworms. Sometimes called Tent caterpillars. They love pecan trees. Annoying pests. They can kill a young tree, even though the Ag center will tell you they are not a threat.
Starting early this year.

Praying for all in the path of the storms this year. Take care. Be safe and God bless.

4 comments:

  1. We have them here too and I feel the same way about them as you do. I don't see how they could not be a threat. We just pull them down when we can reach them and of course don't spray them because the birds will eat them, but again, I hate them "eating" our trees. It's no win, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit to using Triazicide spray once a year. When we lived in Sedona, the trees in the canyon would be covered in web worms. I have one tree that gets one little batch of web worms every year. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make such a mess of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a shame. Seems like there is some kind of insect for every plant. I dread the Japanese beetles, and June is the month for them. Last year they ate all the pole beans, leaves, beans and all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥