About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Goodbye, good friend.

We received a message yesterday that a good family friend had passed away on Friday. I did not know him long, my husband's family knew him for about 30 years.
But while I did not know him long, for the short while I did know him, he was a true country gentleman. I had hoped to learn a bit about farming from him, but hopefully I can still learn from his wife.
We'll be seeing her in a couple of weeks when we make our planned trip to the property in Louisiana.
God bless. I'm sure he's having a very pleasant conversation with my mother-in-law in Heaven today.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your family's friend passing away. I know he will be missed.

    I agree that there is so much to learn from others. We could all use some new lessons.

    My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were shocked. it was so sudden.
    Thank you, Pam. Hope today has treated you all well.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥