About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Summer is nigh

Yup. Summer is almost here and it's only April. Supposed to be in the 80s this weekend.
We're going to Raleigh to see the brother-in-law, go to the farmer's market and probably the flea market.
And I'm hoping to go fishing this Sunday.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

And an early Happy Birthday to my granddaughter! ;)

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I have not been reading your blog! I try to read all the blogs in my side bar, but sometimes they are tough to keep up with! Especially after a weekend! I am soooo sorry! I started following, but forgot to add you to my blog list! But you are there now, so I will be in from time to time. Thank you for reading my, by the way. Looking forward to near 90 on Sunday.

    My buffs lay huge brown eggs, and are pretty gentle. But they are more mischevious than the others. They tend to wander off into neighbor's yards. My sex links are great brown layers, but they lay medium eggs. I only have one australorp hen (unless these two chicks turn out to be hens...fingers crossed). But she lays big brown eggs. She hasn't been a free ranger, though. Good luck with the chicken pickin'! Keep me informed! Oh, Rhode Island Reds are good layers, too!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Randy! I know you have a lot on your mind right now. And weekends are always busier than the week!
    And here, weekends mean out-of-the house time, too. :)

    Hehe. Mischievous chickens. I'm 'almost' looking forward to that, but I'd hate for them to get into the neighbor's field when his machinery is running. Maybe I'll think about chicken fencing for the property, because I'd like them to be free range chickens. I've read the eggs are better. :)

    Thanks for all your input, Randy. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥