About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another hot one today!

Spent almost the whole day fishing though. Went to a couple of our favorite spots. Caught lots of fish. Flounder, pinfish, croaker, bluegill, channel catfish, white bass and yellow perch. Would have been a great day if any of them had been big enough to keep, haha.

Some people would have kept the perch and bluegill, but we prefer to let little fish grow to big fish.

So instead, we brought home Popeye's Chicken. Yay! ;)

Got up to 98 today. Don't know what the heat index was, but it was plenty hot. Had a breeze that felt good, but I think it must have still been too hot because I have a bit of a headache now, in spite of drinking lots of liquids. Oh well. Was still a good day.

You all have a nice, blessed week!

4 comments:

  1. We have Pike, big mean looking Pike and they eat every other fish so we have Pike, big mean looking Pike. I caught one once that was this big, no bigger, really the biggest. Really though, and this isn't a fish story, holding him vertically his nose was by the top of my thigh and his tail touched the ground. They do ice fish for white fish, apparently the Pike don't eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. I've seen pike. They're a cooler weather fish, I think. You have Muskie- or Muskellunge, too, I believe. Very mean looking fish. *nods* Here, all we have are Gar and pickerel. Mostly smaller versions of pike and muskie - though gar can grow fairly large - but I don't think they can grow that big. Thank goodness!
    Hope you're doing well today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fishing and Popeye's what a day ! We don't have a Popeye's for hours and that does sound so good.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to drive about two hours or so to get to the nearest Popeye's. That's why we only get Popeye's when we're doing something else in the area of a restaurant. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥