About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good weekend

No fish. The water is still too high. It's allowing brackish water to get in to where it's usually mostly fresh water. So no edible fish. Just little ones. No Wally this weekend, either. Probably plenty to find on the other side of our little stream.

We have 3 vehicles for 4 drivers. One was down for a week, but we got it fixed this weekend. There's been a bad electrical outlet in the youngest son's room. Got that fixed this weekend.
The youngest works part time at Sears. Tonight they had their Family and Friends night, so we went shopping for stuff for the farmhouse. Stuff we'll be using now and stuff for later. It was a 20% discount between the sales night and the son's employee discount.
Got hubby an early birthday present.

A 12 inch sliding compound miter saw and a stand to use it on. Not sure if this is the exact model, but it's close enough to show you what it looks like.

And, I got a late birthday, early Christmas present.


This will come in handy as I plan on doing a lot more baking in our nice big kitchen. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for gifts....who cares is it's early Christmas, late birthday...whatever...it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOoooo! I love that mixer and it's just the colour I wanted too. Good taste, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that saw!!! Building coops would be so much faster if I wasn't using a hand saw to cut the framing.

    ~~Matt~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have the saw, Matt ~ I want the RED mixer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheyenne: It was exciting to shop for. I've wanted a mixer like that for years and now I finally got one. :)

    CCC: hehe. Maybe we are long lost sisters. :)

    Matt: We're hoping that all the work we'll be doing will go a little faster with that saw. :)

    Nancy: hehe. They had other colors, but I did like the red. :)

    CQ: Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is never too late or early for presents. And those look like fun. PLus is certainly does not hurt to save money.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥