It is blowing like crazy today! Someone is going to find a nice blue bucket with a grey handle because the wind blew ours into the creek. Which empties into Slocum Creek - called, interestingly enough - Alligator Gut creek on Google maps.
Which empties into the Neuse River, though given the direction the wind is blowing today, it will probably end up in the North branch of Slocum Creek.
Usually the place we fish is protected from wind. But not today. We lost some hooks too when hubby opened the tackle box and the wind blew the packages out of it. ;)
We've been fishing a little Thursday, Friday and today. In the mornings. An hour or two. The first day he was really tired, but he's been catching the best keepers. Not a lot. Most of the blue gill are full of eggs, so we throw them back; but he caught one male yesterday that was probably 3/4 pound. Great fish!
We're freezing them until we have enough for a fry.
Today he felt good enough to clean the fish himself. Which is good because I can't filet to save my life and we end up with little mangled bits of fish.
No Wally today, but a Resource officer came by (yesterday and today, strangely; the one yesterday asked to see our licenses. ;) ) and asked us if we'd seen an alligator. Turns out they weren't asking us about Wally, but about Wally's GRANDPA. haha.
The officer today said the one they're watching for is about 12 FEET LONG! And he likes our little branch of water, too, because he can swim through the tunnel under the road up towards the pond where there is often a beaver dam.
Nope. We've definitely not seen that one, and frankly, I'd rather see Wally. ;)
Happy Saturday to you all! Stay safe and God Bless. ♥

Oh wow! I rater see no alligators at all if i'm fishing! Well to be honest i have never been fishing i my life, haha!
ReplyDeleteThanks
Leontien
Leontien, haha. I grew up fishing with my dad; and my hubby did lots of fishing in Louisiana when he was growing up. And mostly I'd rather see none, too, but Wally is/was little and kind of cute. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to see hubby fishing - sign of a determined man - hope to do some 'fly' off the bank myself after the easter crowds leave The Camp region. You can keep your wally-gators - not my cup of tea at all!
ReplyDeleteCheers
John, you've got your crocs there, so I know what you're saying.
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck when you go fishing! Sun and breeze, water and a line. Good medicine. :)
Well that would make for SOME blog post if you saw Wally Sr.
ReplyDeleteLisa, it certainly would!
ReplyDeleteI know we will definitely be keeping a lookout. :)
Fishing is so fun. I went last Saturday with friends at my brothers pond. Caught some tiny bream (didn't want) and some catfish. Gave the fish to the friend.
ReplyDeleteBecky, that is so great that your brother has a pond. Even better that it's a fishing pond.
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't get skunked! :)
I'm terrified of alligators! But, I keep kayaking and fishing, I guess pretending that I won't see one, then I usually do. Augh! The biggest I've seen were at Lake Texarkana (I believe) and it wasn't so much fun. Scary creatures they are...
ReplyDeleteThey are, indeed, Lana. But I feel pretty safe on the pier.
ReplyDeleteWe saw a baby gator last fishing trip. :)