I am such a dork. Make it sound like something really big.
All I did was change my layout. I'm not completely happy, but this is the one I am most happy with. Found this program on the internet. Paint.net it's the name and the website both. Since blogger has such stingy limits for background photos, I've been trying to find something that can edit the photos I take. This one seems to work okay.
It enabled me to change my header photo, which is a branch of the oak tree in the yard at the farm; and to use my icon pic as my background image. Well, they're both the same photo, anyway. :)
Our cell phone subscription was due to run out the end of the month. This would not be a good thing as our phones provide our internet connection when we're at the farm (providing they can even get service while we're there, which sometimes they can't). So, since our old phones (Motorola Q9C) have been acting up, we decided it was time to replace them. We really liked the Q9C when we got them (He had black, I had green); but we've been having problems connecting them to the laptops, them rebooting or just shutting off when they felt like it, and hubby decided he didn't like the Windows operating system any more so three strikes and we did not get Q9Cs again. Well, there was also the little problem that Alltel doesn't exist any more. At least not here in NC. It was still running ads in Michigan when I went to visit my mum.
The point to all this is we decided on the Motorola Droid X. That's the phone that is proving to be smarter than me and a pain to boot. Oh well. Learning curves.
Hope you're all having a good Monday. :)

Dork? I don't think so. I've never seen a real oak tree that wasn't just boards made into furniture. Not many trees at all out where I live. On the prairies, trees only grow where people specifically plant them, usually for windbreaks around their yards. And those are usually cottonwoods, or if they get real fancy a fir tree, sometimes a spruce. I can only imagine how big an oak would be and maybe this is an odd question, but why do the branches look fuzzy or maybe leafy, is it moss?
ReplyDeleteCCC, it has... stuff growing on them, is the best way I can explain it. Not moss exactly, but leafy. And it's not poison ivy, so we don't do anything about it. I figure they've lived this long, it probably isn't hurting them. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll see if I have a picture that shows it better that I can get blogger to let me upload. :)
You know a heck of a lot more than I do about this stuff!! It downloads really fast and I like the white print on black background..easy to read.
ReplyDeleteCity Gal, Blogger gets all the credit. Well, Blogger and Gail over at At the Farm. When I saw her amazing layout, she explained that she did it with the new template thingy under the blogger design area. You can preview your changes before saving them, so if you don't like them, you still have your old layout.
ReplyDeleteIt is easier to read, isn't it. :)
The only thing I'd add is that I think you have to be in draft mode to use a personal picture for the background, but they have a bunch of ready made backgrounds you can choose from, too. :)
Sharp new layout mum, looks good.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Chris. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been aching to do something new with by blog layout. Maybe this is just the motivation that I need!
ReplyDeleteThomas, go for it! I'll be interested to see what you come up with. :)
ReplyDeleteIs the CBT really on Saturday? I haven't gotten one in a while. I always thought it was Wednesday to Wednesday! I'll have to pick one up this afternoon! Either way, we've gotten no calls. Most of what we have are bantams. Not much for the freezer. I'll have to figure something out if we get no takers. Hmmmmm. Let me know how that droid works out. I'm with U.S. Cellular, but I need a new phone soon, too.
ReplyDelete~Randy
Hi Randy. So far my hubby loves the droid, and I'm just liking it. I've had a couple weird things happen that were probably operator error, but they wouldn't have happened with a regular phone (so to speak). This droid is touchscreen only. I'm used to holding the phone right against my head when I use it, so because I touch the screen...
ReplyDeleteWe've had Verizon since they took over the Alltel market here and have been happy with them so far. So far the droid seems to have a stronger antenna than my old phone, and that's good too. The real teller, I guess, will be when we go to the retirement property the end of October. If it works there without drop-out, I think we'll be really happy.
An important point for us was we got to keep our Alltel plan because Verizon doesn't have one like it.