Retired, housewife, mother of three.
Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us.
Praise God for His mercy and love!
Not sure you will hear the specific bird. It was funny. I recorded it for a sound that I was listening to. When I played it back, I was surprised at all the other sounds that I had not heard. Or was used to hearing.
However, hubby heard the repeating sound that now seemed to be buried in the background, and helped me identify it. An Inca Dove.
Our little part of Louisiana is the extreme Eastern edge of its habitat. Nice!
We have a lot of mourning doves here, also. What got me was the... rhythm of this call, if you will. Sorry I can't point it out in the video, but you can perhaps hear it now or research it on the internet and hear it there.
I've never heard of (or heard) an Inca dove. We have tons of mourning doves around here. I love to listen to them.
ReplyDeleteWe have a lot of them, too. :-) If you check the Cornell bird website, you can hear the call without all the other bird noise. :-)
DeleteInteresting Linda. We have a ton of Mourning Doves here.
ReplyDeleteWe have a lot of mourning doves here, also. What got me was the... rhythm of this call, if you will. Sorry I can't point it out in the video, but you can perhaps hear it now or research it on the internet and hear it there.
Delete