I'm watching the History Channel. Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier. The memories it brings back. Kind of sad to realize that so much of what they are showing here will never be available again. They're showing when Paramount sold off so much of the memorabilia from all the Star Trek series. Actual models of all the ships, from all the shows. Models aren't even made any more because of computerized graphics.
Interesting and sad, in a way. But then I imagine the animators of Disney's time may have felt the same way. Endless hours spent drawing minute changes. I wonder what Disney would do with the computer animation available now?
But that is what makes those earlier shows so memorable. How they did so much with what they had at the time.
Pretty darn neat. ;)
Off to do some appointments with the hubby. Will do more packing tonight and then leave for Louisiana first thing in the morning.

I turn a 57 this year and have been a Star Trek fan for most of those years. What I liked best wasn't the SciFi stuff it was the positive message that in spite of ourselves there is hope that mankind won't just end up blowing ourselves up or murdering Mother Nature. I love the Pern series too. I ride a horse, not a dragon, but I can relate to the bond thing.
ReplyDeleteHave you read Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series? I think you'd love it. I did (forgot to put it on my profile). The Companions are white horses. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's what I liked about Star Trek, too. That we, as a race, could learn to live together and care for and about each other. :)