About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Almost over

Yup. Our vacation is almost over. Hard to believe it's already been 2 weeks!
We got quite a bit accomplished. Not a lot, but to us it was quite a bit. Over 2600 pounds of trash to the dump!
I think that's a lot if nothing else, haha.
And there's still more trash to go, but that is for trips in the future. They've raised the dump rate, too, so it cost us about $60, if I remember right. It was worth every penny, too.

I have a bit of poison ivy on my arms. Not sure if it happened pulling weeds or picking pecans (we have a good 5 gallons of pecans from 2 trees so that's not too bad), but I have a bit on both arms; so I suspect it was the weed part. Oh well. I should have worn a long sleeve shirt, but it is annoying feeling hot year long.

There will be pictures and more posting when I get home, of course; but I wanted to let you all know how it's going until then. I've tried to catch up, but you know how that goes.
Hope you're all well. God bless!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of trash haulin'! You are so lucky to get all those pecans and I hope your poison ivy clears up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your moving mountains down there. Look forward to seeing the improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. That's very thoughtful of you and I appreciate it! I will have to come back and read through some of your posts -- looks like you have quite an interesting life. Will be happy to follow you as well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sounds like work on your vacation ;). Hope you are safe and yet still having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥