About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Funny Friday

Okay, these were actually taken yesterday, but it's Friday today.
Our squirrel thief came back. Sorry for the quality of the picture, but I had to shoot through the back door and the netting on our porch, and of course the squirrel was tugging on the burlap like crazy. :-)


And here is the little thief with the few shreds he (or she) got before they spotted me with my camera.


Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you all have a blessed weekend, and I hope some of us see cooler temperatures and get some well needed rain. ♥

10 comments:

  1. We got rain this morning but with the temperatures forecasted to drop below zero centigrade this week it'll just freeze the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst time for rain. Sorry to hear that, John. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels....nature's comedians! I hope you get some rain and cooler temps too. We are supposed to be down to around 101*..only in Texas is that considered cooling off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melodie, we have gotten a little rain, though it has not cooled off much.
    I do feel for you. I keep hoping it will rain in Texas. And you all need some cooler temps, too!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute little thief Linda! :)
    There aren't many squirrels around my farm but I think it's due to not having many trees in this area. I bet they are fun to watch. :)
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowgirl, we have one that finds wild peanuts in the yard. I don't know what the plants look like but every now and then I find an empty peanut shell in the yard.
    Our weekend is good, thank you. Hope you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little destructive stinker. It's hard to believe that squirrels can be so damaging to our property, but boy they can work fast! They tore my outdoor swing cushion to bits. Now, when family comes over, I lay a folded comforter on the swinging bench for comfort and it works. No more cushions left out for the squirrels to munch upon. It's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giant rats, Lana.
    Thanks for the heads up on the cushions!
    I like to want Swamp People. Squirrel stew seems to be quite good. I am thinking of learning how to cook it when we finally get to the retirement property... ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it me or are those squirrel's ears enormous?!! He looks like a cross between a squirrel and a mouse! lol
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. Danni, I thought the same about the tail! It seems huge. I got the feeling it was a young squirrel, though I don't really know anything much about them otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥