About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Air Force memories

I commented on Mike's Air Force post that my husband started with Connie's and ended with AWACS. I didn't realize at the time that the Navy's plane was called Connie, too. For my hubby, it was these 2 planes that I meant.


The EC-121 Constellation. The triple tail, as I used to call the older one. And the E-3 Sentry AWACS.
He was in Avionics maintenance. A radio technician, simply put.
We met at Keesler AFB in Mississippi while going through technical school.
Fond memories.
The picture is one I purchased in 1997 for hubby's birthday and had framed by a local shop. It was one of a limited run for the Twentieth anniversary of AWACS.

6 comments:

  1. Neat! I'm sure he loves the picture and the memories it brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google the Connie. Knew the E-3. I was born at Keesler. Commonalities exist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda --- this is awesome. And it's so weird that our circle of bloggers has so much in common. I love the picture. I have one that I need to get framed for Deputy Dave, you guys are inspiring me to do something nice!!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! So neat the connection you have with some of the other bloggers too. Yes, fond memories are something to hold close to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great picture! We have boxes of Navy memorabilia that will one day adorn my Hubby's office..when he gets and office or den!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful act of love and I'm sure that Hubs will treasure it forever.

    God bless ya and have an awesome week sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥