About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tomatillo anyone?

At least I believe these to be wild tomatillos.



We have these growing, quite literally, all over the property.
As I understand it, the fruit of wild tomatillos stays fairly small. And I believe they are used in Mexican cooking?
Wish I cooked a lot of Mexican food, I'd like to have a use for all the tomatillos that are growing around here.
The flowers are pretty.

Have a blessed weekend! (To include tomorrow, of course.)

7 comments:

  1. Once you are certain it is a tomatillo you could make a great salsa verde which can be eaten with just chips. http://movingontothepast.blogspot.com/2012/09/salsa-verde.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make doubly sure that it is edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That i what I always worry about with wild edibles.
      We'll be careful, thank you.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a local Extension Agent that you could send a sample for verification? Or perhaps just a very reliable nursery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have something like that which we call ground cherries....horrible weed.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I've seen these on our land too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love them! YUM! You've got a lot of goodness out there!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥