About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Slow but sure?

I keep telling him he makes the garden too big. I know some of you have much bigger though. We are keeping up a little better with the weeds, but the fire ants are starting to move in and that is annoying...


Canteloupe vines are flowering.


This particular variety of watermelon seems to be doing good, but the name escapes me right now...


A shot from the other side of the garden. I know it looks like a lot of beans, but we planted them mostly for a green manure. It was more out of desperation to get that row planted. We still have some space that didn't get planted, but I was thinking I'll plant some seeds for fall harvesting.
And yes, we need to hoe the grass. Just been waiting for the garden to dry. A lot of the dirt is green from all the rain and humidity. Temperatures of less than 90 make it easier to hoe, too. ;-)

Hope you all have a wonderful, safe weekend! &heart;

14 comments:

  1. That's a huge garden. I have canteloupe babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fire ants...get out. I'll never be a country girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big garden, but when you're harvesting everything, I know you'll be glad it was!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't have too big of a garden, you'll have a good harvest out of this and maybe some to share! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinkle sugar/corn meal mix next to the fire ant hill before it rains next time. http://howdoescornmealkillants.com/

    I hate those fire ants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K. I'll try anything!

      Delete
    2. Remember that it might take a week or two. More like two, so be patient.

      Delete
    3. I'll try! Thanks again, K. :-)

      Delete
  6. The garden looks great! I remember when you grew everything in buckets; I bet this is a pleasant change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore perfect rows
    There is so,etching satisfying with them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is so neat and tidy. I gave up gardening three years ago (the weeds, oh the weeds) and started putting things in my flower beds!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a big garden! That will keep you really busy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥