About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Where does the drive go

when you don't feel like posting?
Ah well.
The tree that got hit by lightning lost a branch in the wind...


It always amazes me how soft the ground is when a branch falls, but how hard it is when we want to dig a hole.

And a cute picture that the Ag newsletter sent out, with the caption, an oldie but a goodie.


Hope you all have a blessed day. Stay warm if you're in a cold area!

8 comments:

  1. Boy, isn't that the truth about the ground. The ground all around a mulberry tree, where we've hung all the bird feeders, is so soft that you sink in a little when you walk on it. So I thought it would be a great place to plant some hostas and maybe a couple peonies - wrong! Below a couple inches of topsoil, it's hard-as-rock clay. Nature's little trick on us, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Linda, we all go through slumps. Sometimes life takes over and everything else sits back on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doc. Maybe it's just winter blahs. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. That is so true about the ground. I find even small pieces of a tree limb that fell and stuck in the ground. Kinda scary, thinking about being under one that falls. I remember that old picture. I've always thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a storm that was very strong and drove limbs into the same ground that we barely could get a T post in part way! Glad it didn't hit your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take some time off and do whatever your heart wants to do. You'll feel better soon!

    Linda ❤⊱彡
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are staying warm! I notice tonite you have 34 degrees...my goodness that is cold for you! Hope you get your blogging mojo back soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥