About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cotile Trade Days

So Saturday we went to Cotile Trade Days. The decision on our part was spur of the moment. We knew of the event because I saw it come up on faceless book (facebook). It is a two day affair that happens once a year at Cotile Lake in Boyce Louisiana. Here is a small excerpt from one website. The purpose of Trade Days is to raise money for the many charities supported by the Lions including the Lions Camp for Children and the Louisiana Lions Eye foundation. In addition we contribute to the Lions Club International Foundation as well as local community needs.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, because I forgot the camera; but I took a few with my phone...


There were a lot of home business types out there, as you can see. The had a children's play area behind the food court, but we didn't go that way.

Easter stuff Was nice.


Cypress knees are popular to make things out of. These were some of the best I've seen.


There was a booth of unusual wind chimes.


I did like these Louisiana styled wind chimes, but hubby wouldn't let me get any.


There were lots of other sellers, but by then my bad knee was bothering me, so I just wanted to go back to the truck.

After all the threats of rain, and the thunderstorms Friday night, Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous day for a flea market. As always, if you click on the picture, I believe it will expand and you can see them better.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, blessed week.

10 comments:

  1. All that and you didn't take anything home but a bad knee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonder to us to see all that bare ground and greenery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the Live Oak trees, the only time we don't have green is when we get the rare snow.
      2014, if I remember right, we had snow and an ice storm. Lasted about a week. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was nice to get out after some crazy thunderstorms, K.
      I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your new home. :)

      Delete
  4. What fun!! This is the kind of thing I love go to! I'm not much of a buyer, more of a "looker" - But every once in awhile there comes that treasure that I just have to have!! Hope your knee feels better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for what it's worth, LindaG: the Lion's Club Int'l here locally (northern Illinois) is a very liberal bunch, and support lots of liberal things that are popular these days in Illinois. Don't know about the Louisiana chapters, but I wouldn't give a nickel to these Lion pinkos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I guess I should check into that. I thought they were more like the Shriners and their hospital. Thanks for the tip, Fredd.

      Delete
    2. Sure, they will tell you that their mission is to 'support the community.' How that manifests itself from chapter to chapter may vary

      Delete
  6. Nice read!

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥