Very slowly.
We found it hard to have 4 people in a 26 foot RV 24 hours a day, so we rented a hotel room.
As you know, FEMA has been no help because there was no disaster declaration.
Even the VA has been no help. Not only do they not loan if you own your own land; but because we planned for retirement and have income, they were no help finding a place to live. They gave us a list of rental places that was 3 years old.
They did replace our medications that we lost.
And they gave hubby another set of glasses.
Still, I have to thank God because we are all here. Better to spend on the apartment we finally found, thank a hotel room.
Won't be cheap. $840 a month, but cheaper than the hotel room. They do their best security wise. They background check everyone over 18. They do let us have a 6 month lease.
Minimum 15 weeks to construct the manufactured home.
So a few pictures.
The nasturtiums did / are doing really well in the cast iron tub planter. As you can tell from the first picture, clean up is going really slow. Everyone wants money, but we will eventually get there.
I know some people eat nasturtiums, but I do not. I just like to look at them.
Figs are doing well. And they taste good, too! :)
Elderberry.
The last of this series shows work still to be done. Another $5000 to come from somewhere.
But I praise God that there is work to do and things that are not funerals to be paid for.
I hope you are all doing well. Be safe and God bless you all.









I like nasturtiums for their tough rambling ways, and peppery kick to salad. Haven't tried growing them here, yet.
ReplyDeleteDo you make Elderberry pie, or jelly? A couple friends in Red Bluff do and are nice enough to share.
Is there no neighborhood church group that would help you guys. I know my parish would if it was closer.
Prayers for ya'll.
Still too worried about covid hoax.
DeleteThanks for your prayers, Brig.
No, haven't tried to make any elderberry stuff. Farmland behind us and I don't trust being able to clean off whatever crop spray doesn't stop at the field.
Pretty to look at, though. And I expect birds or something eats them. :)
I'm glad you all are safe, but so sorry that it's been a hard road to navigate in getting all that you need. I am glad you're safe, and continue to keep you in my prayers for your continued strength, and all else that you may need to get through what I know is a hard time.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayers, Kim! God bless. :)
DeleteI know that things have been messy and challenging and that the government let you down (they almost always do). But if you don't soldier your way through, you just never reach your goal.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely right, LL. And God is leading the way.
DeleteThank you and God bless. :)
Was thinking of you when my patio midget cucumbers just sprouted a few days ago. I put a bunch in a big pot with fencing in the center for them to climb. They've done very poorly in the garden proper, so hopefully I'll get a bumper crop this year.
ReplyDeleteThat VA rule is really weird.
That is a great idea, Adrienne. Good luck! We certainly had plenty. I think the heat has shut them down for now. :)
DeleteIs the apartment at least near to where your house is?
ReplyDeleteIt is actually quite a ways away. Almost across town. :)
DeleteThat being said, it's really only about 15 miles. Just seems like forever. :)
20+ minutes is a long time when you're responding to the concerned neighbor calling about the open gate and strange truck in the driveway.
ReplyDeleteTrue. Fortunately most of what is worth anything is in rented conex containers.
Delete