About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Wednesday, March 26, 2025

It must be spring

 Even though 85 or more doesn't seem very spring-like. I prefer 70s for spring.


St. Andrew's cross. A member of the St. John's Wort family.


The yellow flower is sow thistle. Quite spiny so you don't pull it without protection! 


Would seem to be Buttercup.


Clover, of course. :)


Wild blackberries.


A few of this year's "crop."


Thistle. Very spiny. Yes, I am behind on mowing. :) I've read some people eat them and they apparently taste a bit like celery. I hope to never need to know. 

I pray you are all doing well. Be safe and God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics. :) It's encouraging to see new greenery is growing somewhere. We still have snow on the ground, in shady & north-facing places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I would almost welcome that weather, Reverend. :)
      You all be safe and God bless.

      Delete
  2. How lovely Linda! Our trees have broken into bloom, although we feel back from the mid 70's to the high 50's with rain today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 70s. 50s is a bit cool, but most of our highs lately are mid to upper 80s. I think it's too early, but that seems to be the way of it now.
      Thanks for stopping by, TB! Be safe and God bless.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥