It pisses me off that Vietnam is happening all over again. We didn't go into Vietnam with the intention of winning, and we didn't go into Iraq or Afghanistan with the intention of winning.
The purpose of the military it to break things and kill people. IF you don't want them to do that, then DON'T PUT THEM IN HARMS WAY TO DIE.
Sorry.
Rant over.

Amen sistah!
ReplyDeleteObviously, some new thing I haven't heard of. Mistakes, I think, are pretty well covered up or at least don't make it to the news up here.
ReplyDeleteCCC, the latest in a long line of mistakes here, is that the military can not shoot back unless they can see the person shooting at them. Just knowing where the gunfire is coming from is no longer sufficient.
ReplyDeleteSo the death toll rises. There is no reason for the military to be anywhere if they can not do what they exist to do.
Urgh! Not really that new, just makes me angry that the military gets sent to do a job and then they say - oh. Wait. You can't kill anyone or destroy anything to do this job.
Not literally, but that is how it seems.
I know. It's really sad that all of these years later, we're still seeing headlines like "the deadliest July ever in Afghanistan". It makes me want to my a homestead, become self-sufficient and ignore the rest of the world (except for my blogging friends of course). :)
ReplyDeleteThomas, our thoughts exactly! As soon as my husband can retire, and our finances will be somewhat stable, that is exactly what we're going to do. Homestead and just spend time with our online friends. :)
ReplyDeleteRetirement, living in the woods and keeping chickens is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteCallie, I am anxious, but so looking forward to that. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree! I had a brother who fought in Vietnam and left as a 18 year old boy and came back a 20 year old-old man!
ReplyDeleteJust a few weeks ago a young man I used to work with was killed in Afghanistan leaving a wife and 4 children.
I still... am thankful for all the service men and women who risk everything for all of us!
Have a great day.
Pam
Pam, I am definitely thankful. Just sad that they aren't allowed to do what they're trained to do.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the young father who died. My prayers to his family and friends.
And to all the others who are dying because they can't do the job they were supposedly sent to do.
Yes, this whole mess is so sad, annoying, aggravating, disgusting, the list of words to used to describe it could go on and on could it not. We have several neices and nephews who have served in this mess since the beginning. Some still serving. We are very thankful so far everyone has come home or to date are still okay.
ReplyDelete