About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, November 8, 2015

November things


Yup. I forget, so I wrote the type on them.

We thought it was going to be a bad season, but we have sold almost three hundred pounds so far, and have more to go. All the rain has been a blessing and a hindrance. We have been in drought conditions, but wet pecans split.


I planted a couple to see if they will actually grow; but no one will buy them like this.

We have barely made a dent.


Most of the older trees look like this now. You have to be careful where you walk, because the ground is so soft, you can push the pecans into the ground.

And I want to say thank you to all who have served, all who are serving, and to everyone who gave all. God bless America.


11 comments:

  1. great idea for labeling the trees! I'm glad something good came out of all that lousy weather...pecans! Love me some pecans. Good to see a post although I don't look very often...hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the labels! That is sure a lot of pecans to sell, glad the trees were productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the way you labeled the trees. Seems you always see the good in things and don't complain. I need to be more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of Pecans!
    Good idea for labeling the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of y'all yesterday. A special V Day wish to you and the boys. Finally, stopped raining. I'm sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea writing on the trees! Congratulations on all the pecans. Love your farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to help the boys learn, and me remember!
      Thank you, Callie. Stay dry and warm!

      Delete
  7. Way to go marking the trees! I hope you keep harvesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Linda. Wishing you the very best holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥