The humidity was pretty bad. Not as hot as it has been, but it felt like it with the humidity.
No fish to speak of. Little bluegill and something they call pin fish here, and that was it. Nothing to eat. At least not for people. Hubby fed a couple small ones to the gator by tossing them on the bank and then as they flipped to get back into the water, the gator would grab them.
He thinks by doing it that way, the gator won't associate food with people. I hope he's right.
They're also doing something on the other side of the road/bridge. Don't know what but the water was extremely dirty Saturday morning because of it. Between that and the heat, the bigger fish just weren't biting.
I expect the school of shad or whatever had a lot to do with it, too. There were hundreds of them in the creek.
Have a good Monday and a great week! :)

Well, are you all going to give that gator a name?
ReplyDeleteHey, Melodie. I named him Wally, haha. I am never getting close enough to see if he is really a she. ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Linda,
ReplyDeleteWish I had some of that warm weather, I would even take the humidity. You can keep Wally :o)
Doc, if I could, I'd trade you weather, haha. And if you insist, we'll keep Wally. ;)
ReplyDeleteNow the alligator has a name?
ReplyDeleteHey, CCC. haha. Not exactly. Wally is short for Wally Gator, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character from too many years ago.
ReplyDeleteAlligator, Wallygator. I am certifiable, yes. ;)
I've always wanted to move farther south, away from winter, but gators, snakes, big bugs....I don't know.
ReplyDeleteWayne, I thought about moving further North; but once his brother offered to sell us the property in Louisiana, there wasn't any other option...
ReplyDeleteAnd obviously it's not really too bad, or there wouldn't be any Southern Cooking. ;)
But you guys have a real nice place there. Unless you decide to just full time it. Then you'd always have the right weather. :)