About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I suppose I really should show you

the pump house. Since that's the reason we went down to the farm this trip. ;-)

Old pump house.


It's partially demolished in this picture. We're going to reuse the wood for something, just don't know what yet. You'll remember I posted a couple other pictures of it here.
Anyway, here is the pretty new one.




  
Even a nice new power box.

You'll notice none of the pipe is wrapped. I did wrap it before we left, and hubby apologized a lot because he said I did a really good job of wrapping it, but he decided to change the setup because when we got there we had to prime the pump and it wasn't an easy job. So he dismantled the old pipe and put in some... ball valve type thingies in hopes of an easier job next time. Though he's hoping with the new pipe there won't be a next time.

The pump house isn't really that nice looking any more. He was telling me how the old one had been painted red - and we found a bit of wood that still looked a little red. But I didn't want a red one, so I painted it blue.
But I didn't like my work so I didn't take a picture, haha.
We also had to add a string release for the door latch because while I was painting the roof, hubby closed himself in the pump house and - no latch inside.

We weren't able to salvage the tin roof, because the wood was very rotten. :|
But this one actually doesn't look half bad the way it is.
And we will be insulating the inside, and we have a little light to mount, too. Hubby didn't want to, and we probably don't really need it as the power box mounts to the security light the electric company charges for, but I wanted one, so he found an incandescent one that can be left on for a bit of heat in the winter.
And we bought extra bulbs for it.

And you see that nice clean fence-line behind it? That's probably where I got the poison ivy at...

Happy Friday, everyone! :-)

11 comments:

  1. Wayne, thank you. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it to the farm in one piece. Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pump house looking pretty good there !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice job you two, it really makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone! The trip down was easier than we expected with that big building on the trailer. The windbreak worked well.
    And it does look better. Even blue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Job well done - that sure see out quite a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, John. That's what we're hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank you for visitin' with your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride!!!

    God bless and in the word of that silly old Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now...ya hear!!!" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pump house! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥