About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So I've been trying to decide what to post

about our trip. I thought I'd start with a few pictures.
We were shocked. We didn't have to mow when we got there! Yay for cold weather?








And the grass actually looked like grass. Was really a boost to our spirits. :-)
Of course we did mow a little, but more about that at a later date. Still trying to catch up/keep up.
Happy Wednesday to you all! :-)

8 comments:

  1. That is one thing about a yard, having to mow... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Too true, Nicole. Too true. It was nice being able to see everything without having to mow though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos. I love that tree. Does the farm have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grouchy, I love that tree too. The lady who's family owned it in the early 1900's wrote that the name of it was Delmar Plantation. Of course it was hundreds of acres then.

    We were recently corrected on how much we thought we were buying. Apparently it's only 5 and a half acres, but it will be plenty.

    We will probably keep that name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess since you and your husband will be "the slaves", five acres is a plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,
    In my earlier post about trimming my Redwood you wondered what you should do with your tree. I would leave that beautiful tree alone as much as possible. Perhaps only taking any dead stuff out and if there are any extremely long branches that seem likely to break off in bad weather then just tip them back but always leaving new growth at the ends, never just stub them off. It is a wonderful old tree that should really just be maintained by professionals. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doc, thanks for your comments. We are hoping to get with the University Agriculture center to have the soil tested to see what we can do to help the trees. We know they need something. The lady across the street told us they will even do the inoculations to the soil, so that would be a big help.

    And yes, it is a wonderful old tree. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥