About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend

So since it's been cooler, cooler being low 90s instead of 100s, we went fishing yesterday and today. You remember the alligator I told you about here, we hadn't seen him since then, but yesterday and today we saw him both days.

Well, yesterday he attacked the hubby's bobber and got an arm tangled in the fishing line. It let us get a good look at him, and his teeth, from the safety of that little pier we fish on. Turns out the hook was only caught on a scale or something because between the two of them, the gator swam off and my hubby got hook, line, and bobber back safely.

But, we were both so surprised, neither of us thought to take pictures. Today, he was there again. And while he didn't attack the bobber, he did definitely show an interest in it being in his territory.

And I did take a couple pics, but all I had was my phone, so I'm sorry for the quality of the pics. It was really gray out, so I used picasa to make the pictures a little clearer.

It poured shortly after I took the pictures, which is why they were so dark.
And naturally, I've named him Wally. ;)



We think the reason he particularly likes my husband's rig is the green/yellow bobber that rattles. My husband is using a 6 foot Ugly Stick, Medium Light Action. And no, I don't know for certain it's a he, but that's what I'm calling him. ;)

We only caught 2 keepers yesterday, fish wise, haha, but we fried them up with the fish we had frozen over the last month and it made a tasty meal for 3 with some leftovers for today or tomorrow. Today we only caught one keeper - with lots of little ones - so we let him go to catch again another day.

Hope you all have a wonderful, blessed week! :)

6 comments:

  1. The stuff of dreams, I live so far north that I don't think alligators even exist. (Good thing bulls don't have teeth like that). Now that someone I know has actually seen one I'm a little more convinced : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. CCC, I think considering how ornery some bulls are, it is definitely a good thing they don't have teeth like a wally gator. ;)
    There are bigger ones here, but this one is big enough for me.
    When we finally move to Louisiana, we'll have to keep an eye on our poultry because a bayou runs across the road from us and gators do like chicken now and then, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only seen a gator once ,in person that is! It was in Alabama,I am sure we have them around here...somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melodie, I bet you do. Especially on the Texas/Louisiana border at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had fried fish last week that Mike caught at my parent's. He caught a few this past weekend, too, but not as much as he would have liked. I didn't even get to fish, as I was doing "things" for my parents. He's been catching quite a few puppy drum that love the creek. There has been a few speckled trout, white perch, and croaker, too. The rain made for a miserable weekend, as far as fishing goes.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randy, it's funny you mention puppy drum because hubby caught one of those, too. It was only a foot long, but it was the first one we've ever seen in that little bit of water.
    Might be why the panfish weren't biting as well. Getting too salty or at lease it was this weekend.
    Sounds like Mike's been doing great though, congrats to him! You can always freeze it until you have enough for another meal. :)
    We had a bit of rain yesterday, but not much on Saturday here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥