About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Did I tell you

I found out a month or so ago that we actually have water on the property.
Not talking about the well, but we actually have a bit of bayou.
I'm a nut, I know, but I was unrealistically thrilled, or some such, to find this out.
Not that we can do anything with it. The road right of way cuts right through the corner of our property - well, curves through it.
But here it is, none-the-less.


According to hubby, the property line goes about to the middle of the of the bayou there. :)
Of course, it's not really good for anything but wally gators.
And maybe crawfish.
But probably snakes, and definitely turtles. We get them in the yard, crazy animals.

You all have a good weekend!

13 comments:

  1. A Bayou on ones own property, the landscape potentials are many. Perhaps when the day comes that you don't have anything to do.....you could work this bonus into the overall landscape. I am extremely jealous. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plant some Cypress trees and let it go. You'll always have animals to watch : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, I suppose that is a possibility. Will have to think about it. :)
    Right now, the neighbor across the street does the mowing. I asked hubby if that made the property theirs by default, but he seemed to think not.
    And you don't need to be jealous, your place is great!
    Thank you, Doc! :)

    CQ, I like that idea. Might think about that, though our part of the bayou is not very deep to my knowledge.
    Still, that's a reasonable possibility and I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cypress tree idea - and that should minimise some of the mowing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, it might indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that kind of made me think of the line my friend said the other day....

    if April showers bring May flowers, what does March floods bring... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Nicole, that's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo, that's what I'm saying. My hubby thinks I'm crazy, and that's okay. Even if we can't use it for anything in particular, I think it's neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just LOVE following along on your life adventure. I would be enthused about water too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheyenne, thank you kindly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yea! You can a have a crawfish bowl and have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky, Haha! I would LOVE that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥