About Me

My photo
Retired, housewife, mother of three. Picking up the pieces after God decided the 145 year old farmhouse was no longer the house for us. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Monday, March 28, 2011

P.S., if this is Austin, I still love you

Music. Got to love it. I love it when I'm happy, I love it when I'm sad or annoyed. It can always pick me up again.
I love the blogs I read, too. They keep me grounded in reality and what really matters.
I just can't listen to the news any more. It's always full of spite and name calling and idiots and just really annoys me, you know?

So thank you all for being here to give me my 'Calgon' moment, haha. So yes, I'm going to read blogs and 'take myself away' from the fact that I think my washer is going to break in the next day or two...

Hope you all have a blessed Monday! We might get a late frost tonight. ;-)



♪ 'Boy, let me tell you somethin', this ain't nothin' ♪

14 comments:

  1. I feel the same way both about music and the news. I used to love watching the Today Show until the last election and it pissed me off. I've now only watched it when Pioneer Woman is on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do admit I watch the evening news -- and yes, sometimes I shake my head in disgust. I like reading blogs for the same reason you do. They make me feel happy and connected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I had to look up Pioneer Woman, and I think I would watch that, too! :)

    Nancy, Amen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're to get a freeze tonight. bye bye rose buds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grouchy, Hopefully the rain before hand will protect them, like they do to orchards when it's supposed to freeze.
    We did get down to 32 here. Latest frost for this area now.
    Hope it wasn't too bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just learned the other day there is a website call Good News.com, all they report is the good stuff.

    It's funny I just told Hubs last night that I just couldn't listen the the six o'clock news. That was only after the first two lead ins!!!

    God bless ya and have a terrific Tuesday filled with only 'good news' today!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nezzy, thanks for that link. I'll look into it. And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Music has been a part of me as long as I can remember. I'd be lost without it!

    Blogging has given me many smiles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni, you make some wonderful music, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutelly correct; music helps everything. Good luck with that washer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, the last 2 loads worked perfectly, so I'm going to cross my fingers. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love your tree in the background!!!

    Thanks
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Leontien. It's a grand old oak and I love it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda your too sweet! Have fun hopping and reading!

    Thanks bunches!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. ♥